Here you will find interesting, amusing and helpful tidbits ranging from tips about behavior, food, peculiar habits, genetics, health, psychology, and whatever else I am inspired by and think my audience will enjoy learning. None will take more than a couple of minutes to read!
As a Mattey’s Mutts of Palm Springs (sometimes Mattey’s Mutts or MM as shorthand) pet vest owner or follower, most of you already know that a harness (I call mine vests since they are free of buckles or straps, and also a clothing item), is recommended over a collar for walking your dog. But do you know why? There are actually several reasons –
- Better control over your dog
- Discourages pulling, because it teaches your pooch that it doesn’t produce any positive outcome. With a collar, pulling moves the dog forward so she thinks she is making progress. The same action with a harness gets her nowhere, except maybe lifting their front legs into the air!
- Helps to stop him from jumping. You can pull your little fluff-ball off of people without fear of chocking him in the process.
- Ideal for small breeds who may get tangled in a leash or hurt their delicate tracheas as can occur if pulled on a leash attached to a collar.
- Keeps your curious dog ‘on track’.
- Is unlikely to come off accidentally as collars can when a dog pulls hard.
- MM’s easy-lift handle provides assistance to your 4-legged friend when needed to give him/her a boost.
- MM’s easy-lift handle also provides assistance to us owners, making it easier to reach, pick up & hold them without the temptation to pick them up by the collar. NO NO NO!
Stay tuned for the next installment of Mattey’s Musings!
If there are any topics that you would like us to write about, please share!! Email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject heading “Topics for Mattey’s Musings”, and I will get bark atcha!